> If Polaris is looking for a modern desktop then
GNOME
> is preferred as it is supported by Sun JDS. I don't
> OpenWindows would be a viable option and it is no
> longer supported by Sun.
>
> I'd opt for KDE as something to use as well.

yes yes ... somewhere down the road.

but not on day one.

--
Dennis Clarke
-----------------------------

Well, one day one we have to look at what is viable to
the common user base which from the high-end are the
GNOME/KDE desktops and Xfce on the other. Otherwise,
you start dealing with support issues and
compatibility concerns.

Maybe Genesi or the Sun team may have better
suggestions on a small low-overhead free desktop that
we can use and build/support to minimize developer
resources needed to maintain it.

~ Ken Mays