Joerg Schilling wrote:
Alan DuBoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Friday 04 August 2006 02:40 pm, Joerg Schilling wrote:
The current problem with Debian is that they disregard their ethics rules
and act with arbitrariness. Some people dislike anything but the GPL and
apply pressure on authors that use different licenses.
There could be something lost in the translation between you and them possibly, I don't know what the problem is. I've always found them to be fairly reasonable. I'm not sure what the problem with CDDL is.

I am sure that there is nothing lost in the translation.

In former times, Debian indeed has been very reasonable, but this changed in the past 2 years. The problem is that they started disregarding their own
rules and started with arbitraryness. What they currently do could be called
calumniation. They started a campaign against CDDL programs last autumn.

[snip].

Ok, I have to ask. What exactly (beyond, tenuously, the CDDL reference) does this have to do Solaris, OpenSolaris, or any other legitimate purpose of this alias?

-- Rich.