On Monday 07 August 2006 11:56 am, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> I am just forwarding information I got from the removable media group
> in the way I did understand the information.

Yes, but some of your claims are misleading or unclear to me. IOW, are they
not going to fix a bug for the Pioneer drives because it is really a firmware
problem and the fix is to upgrade the firmware? I don't know, and wasn't sure
by your description.

Same with the AOpen, I know this is happened previously where new firmware was
needed. We can't help broken firmware, IMO.

To claim that cdrw is broken and dead is wrong, I use it all the time, and
it's been burning a lot of CD/DVDs for me. I would venture to say I burn as
many CD/DVDs than most any Solaris user. I'm not speaking out of my @$$ on
this one, cdrw works.

--

Alan DuBoff - Sun Microsystems