>http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
>http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/index_html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses
>
>"Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL)
>
>    This is a free software license which is not a strong copyleft; it has
> some complex restrictio
ns that make it incompatible with the GNU GPL. It requires that all attribution
notices be maintain
ed, while the GPL only requires certain types of notices. Also, it terminates
in retaliation for ce
rtain aggressive uses of patents. So, a module covered by the GPL and a module
covered by the CDDL
cannot legally be linked together. We urge you not to use the CDDL for this
reason.

>    Also unfortunate in the CDDL is its use of the term "intellectual
> property"."

They use pretty much the same jabs for the Apache 2 license.

Casper