> Hi
>
> On 09/01/06 01:59, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> I have SVM metadevices defined in the usual way.
>>
>> # metattach d7 d27
>> d7: submirror d27 is attached
>> metattach: mars: /dev/md/dsk/d0: not a metadevice
>>
>> #
>>

>> That last message makes no sense.  I already have d0 defined and setup
>> fine.  So .. where did that weird message come from ?
>
> Have a look at your /etc/lvm/md.tab.  I have a hunch that something
> updates that for you nowadays (never used to).

First place I look.  As far as I know the /etc/lvm/md.tab file never gets
updated and its typically hand edited by the sysadmin.

In my case its real real simple :

d10 1 1 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0
d0 -m d10
d20 1 1 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0

d11 1 1 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1
d1 -m d11
d21 1 1 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s1

d17 1 1 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7
d7 -m d17
d27 1 1 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s7

Been doing this forever ( head rolls here ) and this is the same config that
was on this machine when it ran snv_36 last week.

This new message is just plain weird and it may be time to go to the sources.

If they are open.

Dennis