On Sep 4, 2006, at 22:13, James C. McPherson wrote:

Simon Phipps wrote:
On Sep 4, 2006, at 19:54, Dennis Clarke wrote:

It would be a critical mistake to underestimate her knowledge on the CDDL
issues.
Nonetheless she is wrong to characterise the opinion of the Solaris engineering team in the way she does. She is speaking this way because she lost an argument inside Sun, not because her view is representative of the views of Sun or its staff in the way she claims. She, along with many actual engineers, was an advocate of using GPL for OpenSolaris but the need to release rather than wait for one of {GPL v3, Mozilla license revision, encumbrance removal} meant that this was not possible. I am still furious with her for the statement she made at DebConf, which was spiteful and an obstacle to a united FOSS movement.

Simon, are you going to make a statement / write an open letter
to her etc which will set things straight?

I'm considering blogging it but the statement I just made is public.

S.