Hi David,

My commercial clients run only the "official" Sun releases. That is stuff you
get on a CD / DVD and can buy from Sun. Just like, say RHEL 4.0.  Personally
I've been running the Solaris Express and Solaris Express Community Release
code for quite a while on my home systems, updating them every few weeks, and
find those releases to be excellent and stable. No patches to those releases
are well, released though. You have to wait for the next iteration (or longer
of course) for bugs to be fixed.

As to features, typically the Express releases are a proper superset of the
official releases. Patch management, package management et al are the same
unless Sun is making a change to that feature (as they have in patch
management).

Hope this helps.