>We run an OpenSuSE/OpenSolaris/OpenOffice study group here in Honolulu and
>have a dozen or so all
sorts of AMD-based PCs in our lab.  To the best of my memory, all our
Athlon64-based motherboards c
ome with on-board gigabit Marvell NICs.  Solaris HCL does show quite a number
of on-board Marvell Y
ukon drivers, but all but one are 32-bit.  Unless luck strikes, which never
happened to any of our
Athlon64 PCs, Solaris means an extra effort to buy and install an external NIC.

The Yukon drivers are available from Marvell for 64 bit Solaris just fine;
the SysKonnect skge driver also works for the cards.

Casper