HI Teresa,

This year this even was held in Moscow, next year it is going to be held in Saint-Petersburg. Can I assume that after the Saint-Petersburg it will again be held in Moscow in 2008?

Is there any OpenSolaris event planned in Moscow next year? E.g. there was a conference on OpenSolaris this February in Saint-Petersburg.

Anyway I'm very interested to held Moscow OpenSolaris User Group meeting near the event date in order to be able to kindly ask some of the Tech Days speakers to present or participate in the user group meeting in some other way, if it is at all possible.

Wbr,
Victor

Teresa Giacomini wrote:
Hi everyone,

Good news! As part of Tech Days this year there will be an OpenSolaris Day (half-day really) specifically designed for the community. We'd love to have community speakers at these events. And it would be great to have OpenSolaris User Group meetings around the same time, so that some of the Tech Days speakers can participate in the user group meetings.

Here is the tentative agenda for each of the OpenSolaris Days, but if someone in the community has a great talk you would like to give, we are happy to swap out one of these sessions for your topic...or you can give one of these talks too.

OpenSolaris Day @ Tech Days Agenda
----------------------------------
note: this is actually a half-day in duration
1. Building and Deploying OpenSolaris
2. Virtualization
3. Security
4. POD - Performance, Observability, Debugging
BOF/Reception:  OpenSolaris Community, Partnering, University Collaboration
I've included the tentative Tech Days schedule below, with a link to where you can find the updated schedule. If you would like to participate in one of these events, please respond to me directly, and I will get you connected with the right folks and get you on the agenda.

Tech Days schedule is published at http://developers.sun.com/techdays
1. USA               Seattle              Sept 6-7, 2006
2. China             Shanghai             Sept 22-24, 2006
3. China             Beijing              Sept 27-29, 2006
4. Argentina         Buenos Aires         Oct 24-26, 2006
5. Korea             Seoul                Nov 8-10, 2006
6. Czech Republic    Prague               Nov 14-16, 2006
7. United Kingdom    London               Jan/Mar, 2006
8. India             Hyderabad            Feb 21-23, 2007
9. USA               Atlanta (tentative)  Feb 2007
10. Malaysia         Kuala Lumpur         Mar 6-8, 2007
11. Brazil           Sao Paulo            Apr 17-19, 2007
12. Russia           St. Petersburg       Apr, 2007
13. Mexico           Mexico City          May 16-18, 2007

It will be a fabulous addition to the OpenSolaris Day to have community participation. Hope to see you there!