"James McPherson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What annoys me most about the whole GPL versus the world licensing
> bunfight is that nobody bothers to try to separate the ideology of the
> FSF (which *I* summarise as "owning stuff is bad") from the good work
> (and works) which the GPLv2 has enabled over the years.
>

> I for one find it incredibly offensive that the concept of having or wanting
> intellectual property is deemed to be wrong, just because the FSF wants
> to push that line. It's sufficiently offensive to me that no software which
> I write from scratch will *ever* be released under any version of the GPL.

All court cases on "the GPL" have only been won because of the fact that
"owning stuff" is based in the Copyrght law. It seems to be important to figure
out that once you bann "owning stuff" from OSS licenses like the GPL that
just have the state of "general conditions of busines" (see various court cases
in Germany) you make the whole OSS licensing void.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)