From: James Carlson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:36 AM
To: Munish
Cc: opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [osol-discuss] libsmbios

Munish writes:

> I am a newbie here. I need some help in installing the libsmbios libraries. I am building some proprietary SNMP agents and it requires libsmbios libraries. These libraries are something like libsmbios, libsmbiosxml etc.

> I need these for x86 architecture for solaris 9.

Solaris 9 isn't Open Solaris, and the libraries you're referring to

don't exist on Solaris 9, as far as I can tell.

And on Open Solaris, libsmbios isn't yet a documented interface, so it

would be unwise for a project outside of the ON consolidation (part of

Open Solaris) to link to it.  It's not documented because it may still

change in incompatible ways without warning.

I don't think there's a supported solution for what you're trying to

do here.

--

James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sun Microsystems / 1 Network Drive         71.232W   Vox +1 781 442 2084

MS UBUR02-212 / Burlington MA 01803-2757   42.496N   Fax +1 781 442 1677