Glynn Foster wrote:
Hey,

Jim Grisanzio wrote:
So ... where do we go from here?

Depends on how you classify the community and where you feel the most benefit
is.

As a general statement "Listen to what people are asking for, and find ways to do it" seems to be the only way to achieve anything, what Glynn said above applies to the order in which things are done though.

I think if things are done properly it will just happen, and if things are done badly, no amount of management will fix it.

Year one was clearly about getting out there, releasing lots of code, and building infrastructure. What's next? To me, community growth -- in size and diversity -- makes a lot of sense to be discussing, but I'm happy to shut up and sit down if people think this is not a valid area of focus. Keep in mind, when I say "community growth" what I mean very simply is people. I'm still amazed -- and inspired -- by the fact that a large number of people out there don't we're open. I've always viewed this as an opportunity for growth, though, not as a problem. But are we engaging them properly?

Infrastructure, process and people.

[snip]

I snipped the more specific list, but as a very high level description I agree entirely.

-- Rich