> couple questions:
>
> - in the example above, i assume the value of "n" used was 0?
>
> - what was the device path of target slice that was mounted at /mnt?
> (if it wasn't "s0" then you set bootpath  incorrectly.)

Here are my answers

1. sn represents s0, s3, s4, s5 for root, /var, /opt and /home respectively
2. I mounted root on /mnt as mount point for s0 on the new disk etc.
3. bootpath  has "a" as suffix that is mapped to the s0 slice anyway.
4. installboot copies the boot image to s2 on the new disk, which should make
it bootable.
5) Like the old disk, the new disk has one whole partition that includes /boot

I could not work it out and therefore I agreed to someone's advice to dump
Solaris 10 3/05 OS in favour of Solaris 10 6/06 which has the GRUB bootloader.
It will be interesting to try and copy the slice images to another disk and see
if it will improve or not with the GRUB bootloader in place.