On 10/20/06, Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On 10/20/06, Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Asif Iqbal wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I have a X2100 with two 74G disks. I build the OS on the first disk
>> > with slice0 root 10G ufs, slice1 2.5G swap, slice6 25MB ufs and slice7
>> > 62G zfs. What is the fastest way to clone it to the second disk. I
>> > have to build 10 of those in 2 days. Once I build the disks I slam
>> > them to the other X2100s and ship it out.
>>
>> if clone really means make completely identical then do this:
>>
>> boot of cd or network.
>>
>> dd if=/dev/dsk/<sourcedisk>  of=/dev/dsk/<destdisk>
>>
>> Where <sourcedisk> and <destdisk> are both localally attached.
>
> Will it catch the ZFS fs part? For some reason I thought dd is not aware
> of ZFS

dd isn't ware of ZFS that is correct, but then dd isn't ware of UFS or
VxFS or anything else either.  You are accessing the raw vtoc slices
below what ZFS cares about.

So yes it will include the ZFS pool.

After the dd I swapped it with the original disk and I can login fine.
But the zpool is complaining

SUNW-MSG-ID: ZFS-8000-CS, TYPE: Fault, VER: 1, SEVERITY: Major
EVENT-TIME: Mon Oct 30 12:11:44 MST 2006
PLATFORM: Sun Fire(TM) X2100      , CSN: 0634FU1003, HOSTNAME: host.domain.net
SOURCE: zfs-diagnosis, REV: 1.0
EVENT-ID: 09bfd531-5ba3-ef5c-d35c-e85b379d46c7
DESC: A ZFS pool failed to open.  Refer to
http://sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-CS for more information.
AUTO-RESPONSE: No automated response will occur.
IMPACT: The pool data is unavailable
REC-ACTION: Run 'zpool status -x' and either attach the missing device or
           restore from backup.

Login incorrect
host.domain.net console login: root
Password:
Last login: Mon Oct 30 11:04:04 on console
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.10      Generic January 2005
# bash
bash-3.00# zpool status -x
pool: udns
state: FAULTED
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
       replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
  see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-D3
scrub: none requested
config:

       NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
       udns        UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
         c1d0s7    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open

--
Darren J Moffat

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu