On 11/16/06, ken mays <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OpenSolaris for Sony Playstation 3

This makes for an interesting OpenSolaris project for several reasons:

1. Stable hardware platform
2. Simplied device driver support
3. Modern features (Blu-Ray, Cell processor, Nvidia GPU, HDMI/HDTV, Bluetooth,
20GB HD, Networking)
4. Global distribution
5. Very Large developer community
6. Large financial backing

An OpenSolaris project built around Sony Playstation 3 allows use of
the advanced sound and powerful graphics capabilties - and well as
a portable multi-purpose platform.

Hi Ken,
(a) that's insane, and
(b) yup, why the hell not!

If the linux community can do it, so can we. I'm not volunteering
though - I'm not into gaming (SimCity is more my style :>)

cheers,
James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
             http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog