Gary Gendel wrote:
We still have X11 libraries in /usr/openwin/lib and /usr/openwin/share/lib.
Then there are libs in /usr/sfw/lib.  Since we're only using Xorg, are these
the same now?

Is there plans to consolidate this? It trapped me for a bit before I figured
out that I was picking up some libraries (Xrender, etc.) because I had
/usr/sfw/lib in the path. These are under a separate directory
/usr/openwin/share/lib so they aren't in the normal system ld_library path.

That should be /usr/openwin/sfw/lib - /usr/sfw/lib has symlinks to those.
In Nevada Build 51, all the X libraries in /usr/openwin/sfw/lib were moved
to /usr/X11/lib.   Symlinks to them were added from /usr/lib to /usr/X11/lib.
/usr/openwin/sfw/lib is now a symlink to /usr/X11/lib for people with old
makefiles or binaries with RUN_PATHS that reference it.

This was done under this bug id which has more details:
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6475968

Over time more and more of the X libraries will move from /usr/openwin/lib
to /usr/X11/lib as the old X11R6.x implementations are replaced with versions
from the X11R7 modular releases.   Eventually /usr/openwin/lib will simply
be the place to find backwards compatibility libraries and symlinks.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]