Girts Zeltins wrote:
Hello,

As I see people stop discussing about all this, but I have check Open Group
website and I check that price for CDE source are astronomical!
In my opinion Open Group is providing too big price for CDE.
It doesn’t cost such money.

CDE source prices were not intended for individual users to
purchase, but large corporations or institutions who could
afford it easily.   At one time, CDE/Motif licensing was a
major component of TOG revenue, so they had to price it high
enough to continue to afford their own salaries.   (A TOG rep
even used this as explanation for why they weren't open sourcing
Motif at a LinuxWorld BoF I attended many years ago.)

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]