On 11/27/06, David Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Has anyone managed to work out how to get SWT to work on the ON
consolidation? By this, I mean:

  * Eclipse/Netbeans/Woteva manages to find the SDK

I haven't tried this.

  * Using some kind of possibly horrendous arcane syntax, one can get SWT
    applications to display momentarily and THEN crash (as opposed to
    just crash without displaying)

I regularly use Azureus 2.5.0.0 with a hand-rolled SWT:

-bash-3.00$ ls lib
Azureus2.5.0.0.jar        libswt-cairo-gtk-3311.so  libswt-gtk-3311.so
libswt-atk-gtk-3311.so    libswt-cde-gtk-3311.so    libswt-pi-gtk-3311.so
libswt-awt-gtk-3311.so    libswt-gnome-gtk-3311.so  swt.jar

"System" information from Azureus:

Java 1.5.0_08 Sun Microsystems Inc.
SWT v3311, gtk
SunOS v5.11, x86

I forget exactly how I built it, but it was rather painful.  It
involved loosely following the documentation and manually copying
around a number files, because the docs and the source tree did not
quite seem to line up.

Are you using Blastwave's SWT, by chance?  In the past I experienced
Azureus crashing soon after load with their version, depending on what
desktop environment I was using. Oddly enough, if using Blackbox
things were fine, but if using CDE it went down in a ball of flames.
I forget the error messages, but they were X related.

Clearly, IBM are able to get SWT running -- unless my Eclipse 3.2 is a
cleverly disguised SWT app -- but I can't quite work out how to get a
simple SWT HelloWord app to compile or even run.

Again, I only used the library rather than develop with it.  You are
welcome to have my x86 build if it might help, though.

--
Eric Enright