Hello Casper,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

When I try to register my service with rpc, rpcbind will fail and will
stop accepting any further rpc bind requests. Here is the error
information from rpcinfo.

bash-3.00# rpcinfo -p
rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Failed
(unspecified error)

bash-3.00# svcs | grep rpc
offline        Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc/gss:default
offline        Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc/meta:default
offline        Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc/smserver:default
offline        Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc/mdcomm:default
offline        Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc/metamed:default
offline        Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc/metamh:default
offline        Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc/rstat:default
offline        Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc/rusers:default
maintenance    Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc/bind:default
maintenance    Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc-100235_1/rpc_ticotsord:default
maintenance    Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc-100083_1/rpc_tcp:default
maintenance    Nov_27   svc:/network/rpc-100068_2-5/rpc_udp:default

Even though I try to restart rpcbind, it fails and remains in
maintenance mode. This issue doesn't get resolved even when the system
is rebooted.

This issue is found only on Solaris 10 with the following installation
modes:
1. Complete installation with OEM support.
2. Complete installation without OEM support.
3. Developer environment/installation.

This works only with End User Installation mode.

Thanks and regards,
Naveen