Roland Mainz wrote:
Linda Bernal wrote:
First off, I would like to thank the community for being so patient with
this release of bugs.opensolaris.org.  This project has taken a little
longer than anticipated due to some unforeseen obstacles.  Please know
that we intend to keep making progress on b.o.o in the future.

For this particular release, our goal was to have it re-written to be
easier to modify in the future and to make some easy fixes.   The
majority of the present enhancements are informational upgrades.  In the
future we will try focus on:

    * RSS feed function.

Erm, no. Could we get a mail notification system FIRST, please ? Solaris
doesn't even ship with a RSS client for the shell right now[1].

We have a mail notification system.  It's just utterly useless.
For those who can see it, take a look at CR 6488448.

(and Roland, you won't be able to. It got moved to a category we can't see, despite it being me that filed it)

And while here, Thunderbird will read RSS.

    * Add "Commit to fix" and "Introduced_in_release"  fields on bug
view page

What about an "add comment" field if the bug owner allows this for the
OpenSolaris account of the current user ?

I don't think it should be a matter of whether the RE or whoever else 'allows it', it should work for everyone logged in.

    * Filtering out old bugs that are not revel ant.

What do you mean with "old bugs" ?

Good catch!
Any CR maybe relevant, be it old, closed, or whatever else. A method to refine a search to within a date range would be good, hiding all CRs older than a set date would be terrible.

-- Rich