Ben Rockwood wrote:
You guys are the kings.  Indeed it was bug 6455727.  And indeed that DTrace
one-liner illuminated the problem where no other tool could.

The resolution was simple, add the following line to lighttpd.conf:

server.network-backend = "writev"

The Blastwave package is built with this backend, so its there and ready to use.
After a quick look at lighttpd autof00 for 1.4.13 there doesn't appear to be a
configure switch to disable sendfilev or make writev the default out of the box.

Thanks Bryan and Matt for being so snappy, its a massive help for a problem
thats been driving us crazy.

benr.

My guess is that we are going to hear quite but about this on ps | grep this week ;-)

This thread just illustrates how truly amazing the community is and the power of DTrace. Just take a look how how fast Ben ended up having his problem resolved on a weekend none the less. Just imagine what Ben would have had to go through to try to figure this out on any other OS or even with Solaris just a very short time ago. The Solaris universe has a bright future indeed!

Bill
rushmores.net