This week is the SVOSUG meeting which was moved due to the holidays.

Ok, lots of folks away and on vacation already, and folks are starting to get
into the holiday season by fighting at the strip malls and such, so this
month we're offering our community the SVOSUG Holiday Installfest. Bring a
system and get help installing the latest bits of Solaris.

Have you ever tried to load Solaris x64 on a PC, only to find out that it
won't load, or you don't have the right drivers for your devices, etc...?
We'll if this is the case, please come along to the SVOSUG meeting this month
and get help on installing and configuring Solaris on your hardware.

There are never any guarantees that we can get Solaris running on your
hardware, but Solaris installs and runs on more hardware than most folks
imagine. Yes, most of us at Sun know that Solaris is a tad difficult to get
going on certain hardware. We're aware that there is some basic setup
involved to get a working system. Wether X didn't get configured properly, or
your NIC was not recognized, bring your system down and we can figure out if
there is support or if Solaris just won't run on it.

We also know that once installed and running, Solaris typically continues to
run indefinitely.

If you're in the area, please feel free to come on by, and bring a PC to
install on.

We can offer a call-in if there are folks in the community, who are either
remote or have questions on installation problems with Solaris, so please
feel free to call-in.

 When: Thursday, Dec. 21st, 2006
Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (upstairs)
 What: Holiday Installfest
 Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
  Map: http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/aland/scasj_dirmap.pdf

Call-in Info:

Toll Free: 866-545-5227
Intnl/pay: 865-673-6950
Conference: 809-64-14

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group
Advocate Of Insourcing at Sun - hire people that care about our company!