On 12/20/06, Felix Schulte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 12/19/06, Richard L. Hamilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's not something one is supposed to take advantage of!
>
> >From vfork(2) (albeit admittedly the SX version of the man page):
> The vfork() function is deprecated. Its sole legitimate use as a prelude to
an immediate call to a function from the exec family can be achieved safely by
posix_spawn(3C) or posix_spawnp(3C).
Read
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/ksh93-integration-discuss/2006-October/001587.html
and following posts
posix_spawn(3C) is broken in Solaris 11/10 and I would not use it to
use until Sun fixes this and ports the fix back to older Solaris
versions
What happened to the link? I am getting a HTTP file not found for it
--
     _        Felix Schulte
   _|_|_     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]