Martin Bochnig wrote:

>soon

(Sorry for cross-posting, but too many people are waiting for one or
another thing.)

Merging several small and bigger diffs into the CVS was not so much of a
problem.
But they at qemu (i.e. Thiemo Seufer) have professionally reimplemented
DMA support into hw/ide.c and hw/dma.c , rather than just using the
working solution Juergen Keil has written.
Using the default dma.c and ide.c breaks DMA support for Solaris guests
once again.

One gets the best results for Solaris-guest dma-support, when simpliy
using the old Solaris-patched ide.c and dma.c from
http://www.martux.org/qemu/RELEASES/sparc/qemu-0.8.2__default_FabriceB__versus__qemu-0.8.2-solaris__20061013fri__MB.gdiff
or
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/qemu/downloads/qemu-0.8.2-solaris_src_20061013fri.tar.bz2

However: cdrom support is currently completely broken for Win9x guests,
no matter whether I use Oct14's patched ide.c/dma.c, unpatched
cvs20070102tue ones, or patched cvs20070102tue ones with the old
JuergenKeil-written code merged into as best as now possible.
Unfortunately doesn't it core dump - it just doesn't work.

Ben Taylor is also "unimpressed" by the current cvs.

Problem: I cannot exclusively offer something that broken as SUNWqemu
packages.
I will therefore have to offer experimental cvs20070102tue packages for
sparc and x86/x64 *plus* mature and 99% stable updated (i.e. Juergen
Keil's Info patch, Sittichai's Tunnel patches etc. etc.) packages built
from the old cvs20061014.

Damn, next homework is due Wednesday and still no Xorg patch created.
That homework is a biggie and I should already have started.

Martin