On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 12:25:30PM +0100, Martin Bochnig wrote:
> Martin Bochnig wrote:
> >Peter C. Norton wrote:

> >>How does nisinit get names from dns even if your system is set to
> >>resolve via NIS+?
> >>
> >>-Peter
>
> Maybe you mean, Roland would want to clone the methods in which
> /usr/sbin/nisinit accesses those data?
> But we are talking about C-functions then, not a pure shell script.
>
> Anyways ...

I think he wants to be able to add a flag, i.e. -nssvc nis, -nssvc
dns, -nssvc 'ldap', etc. to getent that will dlopen the appropriate
nss_blah library instead of following the lookup in nsswitch.conf so
that the lookup to a particular database can be scripted.

-Peter

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.