Martin Bochnig wrote:
Edward Diener wrote:

I installed Solaris Express Community Release b50 on my computer but
the installation process did not setup my ethernet card for me which
allows me to connect to my lan and to the Internet via a router and a
DSL modem. How do I do this this under Solaris Express ?

First setup lan, is your NIC supported, what is your NIC???

My NIC is a VIA Rhine II on a VT8237 SouthBridge.

It is evidently not supported in the installation.

Try ifconfig -a plumb;ifconfig -a dhcp

Look here for free NIC drivers:
http://www.tools.de/opensource/solaris/itu/

I found a driver for it at http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/ . The instructions are pretty good in installing the driver so I will do my best to follow them.

Is the Solaris Express Community Release b50 a GLD 3 or Nemo release ? I ask this because there are two different drivers to build, one for GLD 3 or Nemo, and the other earlier one for GLD2.