Joerg Schilling wrote:

>Alan Coopersmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Martin Bochnig wrote:
>>

>>>What an OpenSolaris-list, where only a smal number of hardcore SPARC
>>>enthusiasts seems to be left.
>>>

>>There's probably a lot more SPARC users/fans/enthusiasts here than people
>>who want to get involved in SPARC hardware design - I'd expect OpenSPARC
>>to attract more of those than a software community like OpenSolaris.
>>

>For an opensparc project, we also need an open openfirmware....

Ok, I agree with both of you:

{I myself would also have (cross-)posted this proposal to
opensolaris-discuss, just because it is relevant enough [Solaris needs
hw to run on, and OPENsolaris might run or "feel" best on OPENsparc.}

<<--- versus --->>

{opensparc.net is a more appropriate place to look for support(ers),
also sun4v-OBP is already there, and _very_ OPEN}

I think we don't need an enclosure etc. at this stage.
However, I like the idea of having an illuminated Sun-Logo very much -
on a future box, one day - just as the best workstation model ever
designed in humankind's history has: SunBlade1000/2000   :-)

--Martin