> "Three minutes of fame followed by years of hardship"

Yep. You 'got it', as usual.

And this also comes back to what I wrote about eariler: you 'got it', and were
there to "pull me out of the water" even when I 'didn't get it' (I've never
forgotten that new boot vs. init.d lesson on comp.unix.solaris).

I'll say that Jim is right about at least one thing, and that's that we're a
unique community.
We have people that really 'get it', on more levels than one. Something our
GPL/GNU friends still lack up to this present day.

Well, I've said my peace about the whole GPL-Solaris thing, so I better shut up
now.