[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
So i18n and sparc disassembler. I don't happen to own a SPARC, so anyone up to the task? ( unless it can get done in the 60 day try&buy period, which I doubt )

I would argue that there is little need to actually have a SPARC to
write a SPARC disassembly routine.  All you need is SPARC binaries several
GB of which you can easily download from Sun.  As long as you write the
assembler portably.

Close, or at least this will get you 98% of the way there.

But whoever works on this probably also needs to make sure to include some binaries optimized with different values for -xvis, -xchip=<foo>, -xcode=<different values>, and other options that might use extra instructions not used by the default makefile rules for Solaris proper. Possibly testing the disassembler on the platform-specific copies of libc and medialib will do some of this of course. But if not, some of these more obscure instructions might take more testing.

Hugh.