Hi Bob,

>  Why should the first effort be server based platforms when the majority
> of the problems Intel/Sun based are laptop issues, i.e. wifi and wimax
> drivers.  Laptop install support etc.  Or is the primary opensolaris
> discussion based on server hardware technology that could be delivered
> by Sun?

That was an unintended omission on my part.  Yes graphics, Wifi and
other drivers are high on the list.  Also, the order does not imply
priority.  Due to concerns voiced by some folks on the alias, I have
reworded the proposal:

Our first effort will focus on the following areas (not excluding
others) on shipping Intel processors:

    - Graphics, Wifi and other drivers
    - Performance improvement
    - CPU feature enabling