Mike Kupfer wrote:
"Ian" == Ian Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I don't know about physical access, but we should be able to provide
remote root access and remote power cycle, which may get you farther
then you think.

Ian> Yes, that would be OK for testing loadable modules, which I guess
Ian> most of the features would be.  I was thinking of the case where a
Ian> BFU or kernel change that could brickify the box was required.

Those should be relatively rare.

If you have a kernel change you're not sure of, use Install -G, and put
the kernel in its own tree.  Don't use BFU until the kernel changes are
stable enough to boot and do another BFU.

Otherwise you'll end up observing a well-known entity in the
development universe: the warm brick.

Been there, done that .... I should organise a cafepress tshirt ....

James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
              http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog