On 2/7/07, devendra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi
     as i know before searching anything it must be indexed for indexing which
the source Directory...tell me the paths of src and index directorys

Although I find it a bit hard to understand your question I guess that
you want to know about the "find" or "locate" commands.

"find" ("man find") should be already on your system by default.
"locate" (along with "locatedb", "updatedb") and the GNU version of
"find" are available by installing "findutils" (for instance on
Sunfreeware.com).

G'luck,
-mw