Darren J Moffat wrote:
Wyllys Ingersoll wrote:

I would like to propose a new project for OpenSolaris.org.

The project will be called "Solaris TPM Drivers".
The goal is to create TPM (Trusted Platform Module)
kernel drivers and cryptographic framework plugins
for OpenSolaris to facilitate future secure computing
work.  Having properly plumbed TPM support will allow
applications to take advantage of the HSM
(Hardware Storage Module) features offered by TPMs
currently deployed on many systems (x86/64 and SPARC).

We don't need a project for that that can be covered by the existing crypto project if this is just about using them as crypto framework plugins. That is already in scope for the crypto project that already exists on opensolaris.org.

If what you really want is a project to support a full TCG stack (what ever that may mean) then I would agree. If this is just drivers for the crypto framework then we don't need a separate project for that.

The project is more than a driver for the crypto framework. It does include the software stack (TSS) for TCG applications as well.

        Scott