Hi

I am having some physical memory problems with a Solaris 8 Ultra 4.

Its being decommissioned next year so theres no money available for an
upgrade so I am looking at ways to free up some physical memory

I have noticed there are a number of defunct processes , If I were to
reboot and remove the defunct processes does anyone know if it would
free up any memory for me to allocate to the xntpd daemon?

thanks

David Biggs

Senior Engineer

Intelligent network support

tel 01707314294

mob 07957500120

email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:
This email (including attachments) is confidential.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email from your system without copying or disseminating it or
placing any reliance upon its contents.  We cannot accept liability for any
breaches of confidence arising through use of email.  Any opinions expressed
 in this email (including attachments) are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect our opinions.  We will not accept responsibility for
any commitments made by our employees outside the scope of our business.
We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of such information.