Subject: [osol-discuss] Re:  Re:  Re:  Solaris on an Ultra 10

> I've spotted a CMD 680 based card for £13.00 :
>
> http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=110632
>
> Assuming this reports itself as an IDE card rather than a RAID card, would
> the ultra 10 boot from this, or do I need a 649-based card?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew.

Hi

You cannot boot from a Sil0680 based card (on Ultra10). Whether it is a raid
model or not, with or without "jp0 jumper", neither by default, nor with that
special FORTH-script-trick (I tried it myself).
You could use the Sil0680 only as dumb (non-bootable) "data hdd" controller.
The U5/U10's OBP's builtin low level drivers don't recognize it - in contrast
to a cmd/sil_06*49* *with_jp0*.
And SPARC Solaris's corresponding driver IMO still only addresses up to 128GB
(just as with the cmd/sil_0649), despite the fact that the sil0680 itself is
capable of supporting bigger hdd sizes.

Martin