On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Sabri Ali wrote:

Bonjour,
Merci de me dire si quelqu'un à déjà installer une version Solaris 8 ou 9 comme
zone sur un serveur qui est lui est en  Solaris10 .
Si qlq à une procédure merci d'avance !!

J'ecrirais en anglais s'il vous plait - ma francais est terrible ...

At the time of this writing, Zones only support installation of the version of Solaris that you run in the global zone. I.e. if you have OpenSolaris build XX, all your Solaris zones will have OpenSolaris build XX. Likewise if you've got Solaris 10 Update Y.

The only exception to this is the Linux-branded zone.

The BrandZ community may actually be able to give you help if you want to work a project of "how to get S[89] installed in a Zone". It's one of the future-maybes for branded zones ... nice to see if it happened :)

Best regards,
FrankH.

(PS: Asking in English might give you more responses on an opensolaris forum ...)

SABRI ALI

E.mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>