On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 09:25:37AM -0800, Mike Kupfer wrote:

> Eric> ...  In fact Gmane already is carrying some opensolaris lists (I
> Eric> don't know the who/when/why)...
>
> There should be some discussion of this in the opensolaris-discuss
> archives for July 2005 ("gmane and OpenSolaris").
>
> My understanding is that they are happy to gateway specific lists that
> people ask for.  They were unenthusiastic about gatewaying "all the
> OpenSolaris lists" because of the sheer number.

Glynn Foster looked briefly at Gmane and what would be involved in
deploying our own copy of it; but IIRC, it seemed not entirely intuitive
to setup.  Also it's in PHP.

<gollum>
We's hates PHP, yes we's do...
</gollum>

:-P
cheers,
steve

(kidding: I actually like PHP, but to simplify our infrastructure, we've
opted to standardize on Python and Java as our deployment languages)
--
stephen lau // [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development