On 2/23/07, Kuldip Oberoi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Here's the link:

   http://sun.com/solaris/freemedia

Basically, it was so successful, we quickly hit a supply issue as well.
It has taken longer than we would have like to be addressed (internal
funding, manufacturing, etc.) and we could have handled the
communication better, but my understanding is that we are now filling
the back order requests.

Thanks for the word, I'll pass it along.

Eric

Eric Enright wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Several weeks (months?) ago Sun had some sort of online deal where
> they would ship free S10 and Sun Studio 11 CDs out for free.  A few
> weeks ago a friend of mine was complaining about not receiving them,
> and just now another friend of mine is mentioning not receiving them.
> Is there any known reason for this?
>
>> From my second friend's confirmation email:
>
> -------------------------
>
> We have received your request for a free Solaris 10 and Sun Studio 11 DVD
> Media kit.  Assuming that the mailing address you've provided is valid
> and
> resides in a country in which it is legal for Sun to ship media, you
> should
> expect for your kit to arrive within 10 business days.
>
> -------------------------
>
> His shipping address was in the same email, and is in the USA and
> correct.  This "order" was placed, roughly, in mid-January.
>
> I'm all for this sort of marketing to help garner interest in
> OpenSolaris.  One of the aforementioned friends was reluctant to spend
> his time downloading SXCR (which I pushed) but this got him going.
> His not having it by now has all but killed his interest.  Whats going
> on?
>
> Sadly, the second friend was also involved with Windows Vista, which
> also promised to send him CDs.  They were late due to supply reasons,
> but they did at least email him every few weeks to tell him so.
>
> Can anyone comment on whats up?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Kuldip Oberoi