Joerg Schilling wrote:
Alan Coopersmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Unfortunately, Sun did not sell DVD drives for the v20z.
Are there many v20z owners who don't have another machine to netinstall
from?   I'm much more concerned about community members with a single
Ultra 10, or older PC without a DVD burner than any rack-mounted server.

I did replace the CD drive in the U-10 with a DVD burner long ago....
I have no DVD drives in the subnet where the pile of v20z is located.

Note that the netinstall media need not be on the same subnet as the system to be installed. A boot-only server can be configured using the -b option to setup_install_server, and the addclient script can point to an off-link NFS path when adding clients to that boot server.

-Seb