I too would like to see dtksh updated (but not removed, no matter how bad it
is!).

But then I'd also like a url to what you have to transform the AT&T code into
something that
will build on Solaris, so I can build it myself, try to understand some of the
issues, and
just play around a bit.  I'm also wondering if it might not be too difficult to
re-create dtksh
out of modern ksh, even without the dtksh source.  For instance, most of the
added builtins
seem to have symbols of the form do_NAME, not unlike the b_NAME for for
builtins loadable
from a library.

Don't forget tksh, by (I think) one of Korn's sons; that allows Tk (and even
tcl scripts)
to be combined with ksh scripts.  Although a Gtk (or Qt) version would be
pretty cool
for a similar role in those environments as dtksh has for CDE.  But the former
might
be an interesting how-to for that sort of thing, at least.