brad kelley wrote:
thanks nacho I am running throught the regular "express install" with no issues
so far...one quick question...I don't know what nis+ is and I am at the section of the
install where I need to specify name resolution method...this nis+ is the default...if I
select it can I still use a dns server to do things such as browsing the internet or
should I be selecting dns server (which is not the default choice) from this screen...I
know that is probably another thread in iteslf but why when I already have one
opened...thanks.

If you don't know what NIS+ is, you don't want it (and it probably
shouldn't be the default, since it's no longer recommended for new
sites).   Unless you're in a corporate network with NIS or NIS+ set
up for you, you probably just want DNS.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        February 2007 Selection: LSARC Chair of the Month Club