On 2/28/07, Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Peter Tribble wrote:
> I would like to propose a project (jkstat for short) to provide a Java
> binding to the kstat library, so that system kstats can be accessed
> from Java applications.

This is great.  A couple of years ago I talked to one of the engineers
in the Glassfish group (they weren't called that then) about a JMX
bridge to kstats,

That's right. I think you've mentioned this before now
I think about it.

he managed to throw something together really quickly.

The kstat API is pretty simple, and I'm hoping the java
binding will be pretty easy to use too.

  Might be a nice extension to this project.

Indeed. (I'll have to get my head around JMX one day, but I think
Chime uses JMX already for its remote capability.)

I love the browser you have already.

Thanks!

Tom's produced an improved version in which the kstats are sorted,
which is a very nice touch.

--
-Peter Tribble