Ivan Wang wrote:
Hi all,

I am not sure which list this questions best belongs to, so I try here first. Has anyone tried to build with library configuration returned by `/usr/sfw/bin/net-snmp-config -libs`? On my snv57, it gives "-R../lib -L/usr/sfw/lib -lnetsnmp -lgen -lpkcs11 -lkstat -lelf -lm -ldl -lnsl -lsocket -ladm" Now, I am not sure if /usr/ccs/bin/ld takes a relative library run path, but libtool certainly does not like it. Is this a libtool bug or somehow things went wrong with netsnmp in /usr/sfw?
Recently, I modified the net-snmp build in SFW, since it was conflicting with the Subversion install (which was my actual goal). I removed the ../lib line, since it was not useful. A RUNPATH containing ../lib was actually recorded in the binary, but it has no effect.

So, as of build 60, you should not see this issue anymore.

- Frank