On Mar 7, 2007, at 2:54 PM, John Rice wrote:

We discussed this with Alfred and whilst he had thought of your suggestion, wanted to opt for a mozilla dtrace project hosted on OpenSolaris and a general Opensolaris one hosted on developer.mozilla. This will host the LiveConnect and A11Y work. If it becomes clear that some of the work on the mozilla site ought to move over to Opesolaris then we could go for the umbrella project. For now he wanted to go for the specific mozilla dtrace one.

It's certainly arguable either way, but I'm taking Alfred's lead on this as he's running the team hooked into mozilla :)

Why do you need a project on OpenSolaris if there is already a
project on mozilla.org that is willing to accept dtrace-specific
extensions?  Why not just join the Mozilla project and contribute
directly to the upstream source base?

....Roy