On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 12:28:59PM -0400, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The ARC Cases for the WebStack NG Project have been submitted for review
> (and hopefully approval), and i would like to ask our community's input
> regarding two important questions which have come up during our discussions:
>
> 1. Should the initial components released for this project include the
> 64-bit bits in the initial Integration ?

If it delays the release then no.

> 2. The currently proposed Apache 2.2.4 integration installs Apache in
> /usr/apache2, thereby _overwriting_ the existing Apache 2.0.x. Valid
> arguments have been made pro, and against this approach, with the
> suggestion that Apache 2.2.4 installs in /usr/apache2.2, thereby preserving
> the existing /usr/apache2. However, this alternate location would *not*
> alter the EOF/EOL timeout announced for Apache 2.0.x.

Whatever proposal wins it should preserve _choice_ for admins/developers.
Let _them_ decide which version they are going to use.
If we are going to compete with linux we should give choice because
one of linux strength is giving choice (one may disagree with me but I
have written "one of").

After all the configuration (and the choice !) is for them: admins/developers.

Regards
przemol