On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >I did set up everything and when I connected via ssh, I did see a menu that
> >allowed me to select between the "test vote (constitutuion" and the final OGB
> >election. I selected the first and answered the question. The last question
> >was
> >a question for the OGB candidates which looked to me like the announced test
> >vote and so I did reply with test data.
>
> No; the first question was the test vote  and the second the real vote;
> I think I voted both at the same sitting.
>
> There was no test OGB vote.
>
> Casper

Joerg,

Unfortunately, by majority decision, the OGB has decided that your vote be
treated as a "spoiled ballot" in this election.

I understand and agree that the overlapping of the "Community
Priorities/Polling Test" with the Board Election was the root cause for
your spoiled ballot and recommend to the new OGB that no overlapping
polls be conducted in the future.

I sincerely apologize for this situation and I'm sure you are very
disappointed because of it.  In retrospect, the overlapping of the two
polls was a mistake - because of the potential for confusion.

Joerg - I hope that this unfortunate event won't dampen your enthusiasm
for the OpenSolaris Project - you are a highly valued Core Contributor,
and indeed a champion of Open Source Software in general.

Regards,

Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134  Timezone: US CDT
OpenSolaris.Org Community Advisory Board (CAB) Member - Apr 2005
             OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) Member - Feb 2006