Dear all,

Here is a code snippet.

        scds_handle_t handle;

       if (scds_initialize(&scds_handle, argc, argv) != 0) {
                return (1);
        }

        pathname = malloc((size_t) (len * sizeof (char)));

        saved_errno = ENOENT;

                (void) execve(pathname, argv, envp);
       }

The whole process image is replaced by exec.  Any stack or heap allocations
you've made are destroyed -- along with all the other mapped memory regions.

But for example we get a handle to the underlying database, what happens to the
handle example scds_handle in the above case.

Also how about the dynamically allocated memory pathname. where do I free it ?.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

_D