* Srikanth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-03-30 05:36]:
> I am very new to solaris. Please see my question below.
>
> How can we implement LaunchDaemons in MAC to Solaris10?
>
> I am currently working with MAC OS X server, there we have
> /System/Library/LaunchDaemons, can solaris also supports LaunchDaemons
> ? Do solaris have deamons, if so where exactly they are, and how do we
> implement those daemons if need to do so? Could any one provide me
> details on this?

  If you are interested in how a daemon process would be managed on an
  OpenSolaris-derived system, you should investigate the Service
  Management Facility, via the SMF Community Group

  http://opensolaris.org/os/community/smf/

  or its mailing list, [EMAIL PROTECTED]  SMF has some goals
  and capabilities in common with launchd, but does not approach daemon
  management with identical assumptions.

  If you're interested in porting launchd for use by an OpenSolaris
  distro, then you might share your portability issues on
  opensolaris-code@opensolaris.org to start.

  - Stephen

--
Stephen Hahn, PhD  Solaris Kernel Development, Sun Microsystems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://blogs.sun.com/sch/