On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 05:22:43PM +1200, Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:

>    Hi,
>

>    Just having a look around; along with hardware support, I thought it
>    would be best to help provide a 'link database' to link up customer
>    needs to solutions that exist for Solaris.
>

>    Case in point, [1]https://shop.fluendo.com/ who sell currently support
>    for WMA/WMV/Mp3 playback for Solaris x86/SPARC - and from what I
>    understand, the compresssion side of the equation will be arriving
>    soon.
>

>    Not only will this help first time users in regars to helping them
>    resolve support issues relating to multimedia, it'll also provide a
>    good platform in which Solaris solution provides can directly contact
>    customers and vice versa, without needing to navigate the beaucracy
>    that is Sun - if this provides free publicitly, hopefully it'll entice
>    more vendors to come on board and provide Solaris editions of their
>    software.
>

>    What does everyone else thing?

+1, this would be a great idea.  It'd be handy to have links to various
software and hardware things, i.e.:

I want mp3 playback - go to Fluendo (or a link to a walkthrough on
build gstreamer/lame backend)

I want to get my Yukon NIC up - go to Marvell's site.

etc. etc.

cheers,
steve
--
stephen lau // [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development