On 02/04/07, Shawn Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am running the latest version of opensolaris CE. I built the DVD last friday
and every time I attempt to register or update it simply hangs and does
nothing, to be honest the only way to kill the process is by ising the init
command to restart the system. Is there an issue or does anyone know how to
force registration via the command line? Is there anyway to register the system
from the SUN site or am I SOL.  I am new to the opensolaris product, and any
help would be appreciated.

The updater is non-functional for all Developer and Community edition
builds. If you want to upgrade, you have to download the new version
and then use live upgrade or run the install program from the install
media.

Don't worry about the registration or updater, just tell it you will
never register.

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/